I haven’t been in too many train stations in my life, but I think there are few as pretty as Portland’s Union Station.
While I’d had a blast in Oregon, three days in this unique city had not been enough time. Yoga, hiking through waterfalls, exploring the downtown dining, dancing, and making new friends had certainly filled up my days. There was still so much I didn’t get a chance to see or do, but I was very happy with how I had spent the time. Plus I had a feeling this wouldn’t be the last time I came to visit.
I sat on my suitcase admiring the vaulted marble ceilings and ornate wall clocks, watching the minute hand tick by, telling me my train was late. I sighed, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. I guess there were worse places I could be waiting for a ride.
- Published in Post Surf-Trip Adventures
- The Ask All Tell All’s of Nomadic Life: Financing Your Fun
- About Hilary
- Tuning up: The Airplane Travel Playlist
- Help Me Land The Best Job in the World!
- The Road to OZ: WTF, Universe?
- How A Year of Blogging Changed My Life
- Before You Go: Australia/Fiji Need-to-Knows
- Dancing Under the Sea: A Great Barrier Reef Romance
- Things Travelers Never Tell You: When Travel Bites
- Beyond and Beneath the Sea: A Current of Affairs