Two years ago I had it all going on.
I graduated with my BA in Psychology in 2010 and was ready to take the next phase of life by storm. I owned college, followed the rules, and was even named The Outstanding Graduate of my class.
I was ready to join the doctoral program of my choosing and continue to school the crap out of school.
But you’d think after growing up in Vegas, I’d know the odds are never in my favor.
I was rejected. Hardcore. From EVERY doctoral program I applied to. After drying my tears and wondering how I could POSSIBLY succeed in life without extra letters after my name, I started traveling. Following the rules didn’t get me anywhere; so now I follow the road.
I work ridiculous and random jobs to pay for my travels and have zany experiences in Las Vegas, moonlighting as a disco ninja and Muppeteer Assistant. I share all of my experiences, high points, failures and insights on this blog.
I hope you’ll join my adventure and share with me your own. =)
265 Responses to “About Hilary”
Leave a Reply
- The Ask All Tell All’s of Nomadic Life: Financing Your Fun
- About Hilary
- Tuning up: The Airplane Travel Playlist
- Help Me Land The Best Job in the World!
- The Road to OZ: WTF, Universe?
- How A Year of Blogging Changed My Life
- Before You Go: Australia/Fiji Need-to-Knows
- Dancing Under the Sea: A Great Barrier Reef Romance
- Things Travelers Never Tell You: When Travel Bites
- Beyond and Beneath the Sea: A Current of Affairs